Here is a list of the top ten things students around the world said they remembered and loved most about their mothers.
- Come into my bedroom at night, tuck me in and sing me a song. Also tell me stories about when you were little.
- Give me hugs and kisses and sit and talk with me privately.
- Spend quality time just with me, not with my brothers and sisters around.
- Give me nutritious food so I can grow up healthy.
- At dinner talk about what we could do together on the weekend.
- At night talk to me about about anything; love, school, family etc.
- Let me play outside a lot.
- Cuddle under a blanket and watch our favorite TV show together.
- Discipline me. It makes me feel like you care.
- Leave special messages in my desk or lunch bag.
Read the whole article here.
What really matters to our kids?
I recently failed to get Ara into the gymnastics class she wanted to take. I signed up too late and poof.. no class until October. Needless to say, I was wracked with guilt as she arranged her face in her latest (very practiced) disappointed pout.
Guilt is pretty much a part of being a Mother. We find reasons to feel guilty. I worry about failing Ara in so many ways.
That’s why this list made me feel good. I’m not a perfect Mom by a long shot. But I do the things on this list almost every day. Although I’ll admit that #8 ends with me falling asleep almost 100% of the time. I can’t help it! The smell of Ara’s head reminds me of baby Ara sleeping time.. Knowing she is right next to me, safe and happy, it’s the best nap ever!
Grow up strong and sure my little Ara. Take from me the good that I give and forget the part when I yell and think that a clean floor is the most important thing in the world.